Mark and Laurie Matthiae founded Crystal Finishing Systems Inc in June 1993. The business began with a 3,500-square-foot facility, three team members, and one small spray line. Over the course of 30 years, we have grown to four large facilities, over 950 team members, and sales of over $250 million. We have achieved this steady growth through our unending commitment to providing our customers with the highest quality products and services, on time and at competitive prices. Our services now include aluminum extrusion, fabrication, architectural and industrial finishes, and more.
Mark is still a major part of the company, and although Laurie has retired, she still provides support and input on all major decisions. We are proud to be a family-owned company that contributes to our community, our team members, and the growth of our Customers and manufacturers.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
To be our customer’s premier, integrated, one-stop source providing aluminum extrusion and coating services while developing long-term business relationships.
Crystal Finishing will be a company that offers a complete line of services for worldwide markets, utilizing aluminum extrusion and coatings exceeding customers’ expectations based on a “Whatever It Takes” attitude.
- Respecting each individual & valuing their personal development.
- Being good stewards of community & environment.
- Continuous quality improvement through Team Members, process, technology, growth & training in a “safe environment.”
- Ensuring sustainability, growth & long-term relationships.
MEET THE OWNER
Mark Matthiae has been a self-employed entrepreneur for nearly 50 years. During this time Mark has started and developed several successful businesses from ground zero. Mark has also mentored several key staff to help them start their own enterprises successfully as well. Strengths include a vast knowledge of building teams, managing day to day manufacturing operations along with a strong commitment to quality and customer service. Mark has also developed strong financial support with several leading banks, State of Wisconsin agencies along with much local and community support.
• Founder and Operator B-Mar Auto and Customs Marathon, WI.
1977 to 1979
• Managed Body Shop for Jeep-Volvo-Mercedes auto dealership
• Grew the business from 3 to a staff of 13. Purchased the Body Shop end of business from Dealer and started RBS Body and Frame Shop
1979 to 1983
• Founded RBS Body and Frame Shop
• Grew the business to the leading Body Shop in Central Wisconsin.
1982 to 1986
• Started and established Mid Wisconsin Auto Pool
1984 to 2005
• Founded Precision Body and Frame.
• Grew from a staff of 3 to 25 and purchased back RBS Body and Frame during this time. Again leading to the largest leading Body Shop in Central Wisconsin.
1993 to Present
• Started Crystal Finishing Systems LLC with a staff of 3. Today a staff of 975 and 265 million dollars in annual sales.
• Co-founded Crystal Medtech LLC
• President, a company focused on Medical Therapeutic Lasers
• Founded Crystal Training Institute LLC
• President, a company focused on Sports training, community activities, industrial-workplace safety, and injury prevention in the work place.
• Cofounded Link Services LLC
• President, company focused on On-site Medical treatment for Manufacturing companies
• Purchased AEI/Larson Aluminum Extrusion Co. Senatobia, Ms.
• With the addition of this company Crystal Finishing Systems will employ well over 1,000 team members and occupy over 1,750,000 Sq. Ft. of manufacturing facilities.
Awards and Recognition
• 2000 Small Business of the Year Award Marathon County
• 2005 Small Business Man of the Year State of Wisconsin runner-up
• 2007 Citizen of the Year Village of Weston
• 2010 to 2014 Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in the USA
• 2011 SBA Top 100 In the USA for Job Creation
• 2012 USDA top 50 in the USA for Job Creation
• 2012 Wisconsin Technical College System Prestigious (Future makers Partner Award)
• 2013 Marathon County Citizen of the Year Marathon County
• 2015 Wisconsin Business Development Business of the Year State of Wisconsin
• 2016 Wisconsin Small Business Person of the Year State of Wisconsin (SBA)
• 2022 Deloitte top 75 privately owned businesses in the State of Wisconsin
Community Involvement Past and Present
• Church Elder Covenant Community Presbyterian Church
• Chair for Finance Committee Covenant Community Presbyterian Church
• Chair Building and Grounds Committee Covenant Community Presbyterian Church
• Chair Building Expansion Committee Covenant Community Presbyterian Church
• Organizing Fundraisers for the D.C. Everest Food Pantry
• Founding Board Member of Ministry Health Care Foundation
• Board Member NTC Technical College
• Board Member Small Business Committee Marathon County
• Aluminum Extruders Council Member
• Window and Door Manufacturers Member
• JDRF Fundraising Chair
United Way Campaign Awards
• New Partner Award – 2004 (First year campaign)
• Most Improved Campaign – 2005, 2006, 2007, 2014 (10%+ increase)
• Special Achievement Award – 2010 (criteria varies for this one… could be an extraordinary increase in $$, number of donors, participation rate, some combination of things)
• Outstanding Pacesetter – 2005, 2006, 2007 (Point system for growth, participation, event attendance, volunteering, etc.)
• Community Challenge Qualifier – 2006, 2007, 2008 (150-499 employee)
• Community Challenge Runner Up – 2011, 2012 (150-499 employee)
• Community Challenge Winner – 2013, 2015 (500+ employee)
• 2015 Circle of Excellence award
• 2014 Campaigner of the Year – Melissa Straw
• Silver Circle of Excellence Award 2016,2017,2018,2019,2022
• Shining Star 2017
• Bronze Circle of Excellence Award 2020,2021